Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, April 4, 2008

Touching Others

Last night I had dinner at home with the "fam" and Norm, the love of my life :) As we were ready to devour dessert, Jordyn arrived home from her afternoon visit with her dad. She was "so in" for some fudge crackle ice cream (available only at Superstore people). Our dear friend, aka "the icecream guru in Kelowna" Mr. Tom Pesl - has dangerously turned our clan on to this flavour. yummy!

Anyhow, Jordyn pranced in and brought her school agenda with her. She presented me with a card that "some mom" from the school given to her teacher to forward home. I opened the card and instantly teared. It was from a friend that I had gone to school with k -12. It had a beautiful message and wonderful sentiments.

I cried; the thought and sincere intent behind the card was paralyzing. Tears flowed as I thought of how many people have truly overwhelmed me with their love and support. I am amazed at the extent that this experience has touched others. Prayers, endless emails, phone calls, magazines, cards, gift baskets, spa treatments, flowers, lunches, coffees, hugs, talks . . . the list goes on.

To know and feel how much one is loved in this lifetime is a blessing. Life deals us challenges and ironically, at the same time, brings us such joy! With this constant love and support, I am graced with hope and strength. From the bottom of my heart

. . . thank you friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Hello friend: I just saw you and your sister and of course the little man going for a walk on my way home. I immediately came home to read your blog, Lisa why wouldn't you be blessed my friend? You have blessed me more than you will know, as well as many others, with your friendship and support, we as TiTs have so many great memories, we are soo lucky!!!! I know these times have gotten me through so much, just being able to recall times we have spent together and the places we have seen together. I love your strength and upbeat nature, I am encouraged by that. I really believe you are better off by being that way and we all know a good sense of humor takes us a long way too!!!! Love what you are doing on this journey of yours my friend and now I'll being hard at work thinking of pink countdown number photo shoots!!! Love ya man Beev Butts