Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TIME TO PACK!

Months ago the news went out that I would be having surgery. The bad news was waiting for April 25th to roll around. The good news is that I am in the best hands possible for this 10 hour surgery. The time is finally here to leave and packing is difficult. I will need a separate suitcase for all the books, magazines, puzzles, and healing gifts. Here's what I am talking about . . .


A basket of small gifts to choose from on those blah days from a dear cohort friend who has travelled this road triumphantly.


A medicine pouch made for me by one of my dear students, Glenda, whom I miss very much.


Puzzle and chocolates from "the box of plenty" given by Ken and Chrissy.


A plethora (yes I liked the 3 Amigos) of reading material from varied friends and family.

I could take pictures all night. I am so blessed and loved. In the book I received from Tracy Cole tonight (Chicken Soup edition pictured above), there is a chapter discussing: although this is a terrible time in your life, you will never feel so loved. That made me smile because it is oh so true. I feel such an outpouring of true genuine support and concern for myself and my family. How do I ever truly show my gratitude for all the love that has been shown to me? I guess all I can do is get better to thank everyone in person :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't bother packing Eat Pray Love...as pictured...i seem to have received a few copies of that myself! See you tonight!
love Chris