Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Monday, April 14, 2008

CONFIRMATION SUNDAY!

Yesterday was an enjoyable day. I was the Confirmation sponsor for my niece, Mackenzie. In the Catholic church, this is one of seven holy sacraments, and to be asked to guide a young person in their journey is a tremendous responsiblitiy and great honor.

Liana (family/girlfriend, and Mackenzie's mother) hosted a lovely champagne and cake reception at the house from 2 -4. It was a great time. It was nice to catch up with Kelowna folks who I have have not seen for a while.

The ceremony was at 7:30pm and the newly appointed bishop of this diocese officiated. It was quite a spectatcular event. I have a few ideas for St. Mary's - watch out! :)
Anyhow - late evening after the reception . . . Liana has now taken the kids to school, Norm and Tom (Liana's husband) have gone to work, and she and I will get the day together! Yippee skippee . . .

I must go . . . a walk awaits! (I'll add some more photos later)

No comments: