Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Thursday, April 24, 2008

ONE DAY MORE . . .


Ethan was a big help packing up my luggage yesterday. He wanted to empty it and jump in to use it like a car. He was also modelling some pink clothing some of you may wish to copy.


Shelley (my eldest sister) and her man, Ron, and Jordyn drove me to the airport. It was a continuation of the crying fest that started at home from saying good-bye to Rhonda and Ethan. Hugging Jordyn and reassuring her that everything will be fine ripped my heart out. I know everything will be fine, but the huge tears rolling off of her soft rounded cheeks was extremely heart wrenching for a mom. So I had THE largest headache when I boarded the plane. Then, because my head was stuffed up, my ears started to hurt. By the time I landed, I felt like I needles poke in my ear drums. OUCH!
As you can see above, Teresa Saunders, Chrissy, and Norm were there to greet me. Another crying jag . . . Chrissy and I embraced and cried for awhile. AND with Teresa, well, I just look at her and cry. What a calming, genuine, caring presence. We got it together and headed off to the NU restaurant. It was a great evening. All cameras were left at Chrissy's condo and so we missed some great photo opps. grrrrrr . . .
Teresa gave me some great decorating additions for my hospital bed - you'll have to wait and see. She is also going to have a fantastic pink outfit that I was able to choose last night. Also keep posted for that. Finally, she gave me some of her cards she has made with her impressive photography talent! VERY nice.
So today was a sleep in day. I have a 1:15 appointment at VGH to get the radio-active dye flushed into both breast. Tomorrow when Dr. Davis removes my breast tissue, she will see if the sentinel node has responded to the dye. She will do a frozen section right there to determine if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes. If it has, she will remove the nodes and send them off pathology. Results take 2 weeks.
I still do not have the time of the surgery. I phoned VGH admissions and they just said "No mam, we do not give out that kind of information to the patients." Good God. When I find out, I will add a quick post.

Got to run and get ready for my dye job - heehee

2 comments:

Becky said...

Lisa,
Thinking of you non-stop my friend. I know this would be much easier if we were all together... ROAD TRIP??!!
Keep us posted. I'm sending Bruce to work in his pink striped shirt tomorrow and he's trying to find someone to take a picture of him in the cab of the train. We'll see what we can do.
Love you and thinking of you.
Becky

Lisa said...

Thanks love,
We are having as much fun as we can here. :)