Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Sunday, April 27, 2008

She's ba-a-a-a-a-c-c-k ...


A quick blog entry this time. Today is my last day in Vancouver for a few days so we've some running around to do before days-end. Tomorrow, I'm heading off to the "centre of the universe" aka Toronto - apologies to my Toronto friends but, after all, your airport DID stamp my passport during my last visit. I return Friday afternoon and, if Lisa stays on sched, she'll be recouping with Chris by that time. I'll add more later.

Chris and I visited Lisa this morning to find her sitting up in bed giving herself a sponge bath. Her eyes were wide open and her grin ear-to-ear, "Hi, you arrived just in time to wash my back!". To see that familiar look on her face was, simply, amazing.

Some highlights from today's visit: the incubator get's unplugged this afternoon (no more umbrellas in her water glass) ; she had salisbury steak for lunch (yippee); she was, awake, alert, in good humor and was able to stand for a bit; she's in very little pain and not taking a lot of pain meds. Feeling cheeky, she announced that she "felt like running a marathon".

She's ba-a-a-a-a-c-c-k ...

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Hooray! I am so glad she is getting better!
Luv ya Auntie,
Mackenzie

Anonymous said...

Hi Mackenzie;

She IS getting better - thanks, in no small part, to people like you who have been so instrumental in spreading the word.

For those of you who don't know, Mackenzie lives in Kelowna and was able to establish a 'pink-day' at her school. Then, as if that wasn't enough, she was featured on a local radio station to solicit even more support.

Simply incredible.

Mackenzie, thank-you so much!!

Norm