Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's gettin' better all the time ...

It’s just after 11pm and I’ve returned from the “warm room” at VGH. Tonight was my third visit of the day. The second visit was short because, well, Lisa was snoring away and obviously relieved to have the nausea of the morning behind her. Okay, don’t tell her about the snoring, we can keep it our little secret.

I was in the room for about five minutes when the nurse, Yola, ( In my head I was singing L-O-L-A … those of you who are over 40 will know the song by The Kinks) stopped in to introduced herself. As Lisa slept, Yola explained that in her job she is tasked to four patients at a time while on shift. She went on to let me know how Lisa’s care would progress over the days to come.

Lisa, is progressing well. Very well. Her spirits are good. At 5pm, four hours ahead of schedule, Lisa started having water and broth. For those of you who have had surgery, you’ll recognize this as a major milestone in recovery. Tomorrow, she’ll be able to have heavier liquids such as milk and porridge. Soon after that she’ll be able to have some of that great food that hospitals are known for J

Yola also told me that the incubator is to be turned off tomorrow. When I told Lisa, she looked so relieved. Just this afternoon they mentioned that the incubator could be on for as long as five days. Tomorrow night, hopefully, she’ll have a much better sleep.

- Norm

PS: I’ve downloaded about 50 pictures so far. Keep ‘em comin, won’t you? The support for Lisa has been, simply, overwhelming. I’ll work more on the pics tomorrow. Now, I need some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Norm you are doing a bang up job of us posted and up to date on the progress of our dear pal Leetah, she will be proud of you!!! Take care of yourself in the big city of T. O. cause you will be needed when you return. Love Bev