Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Thursday, April 24, 2008

I AM HEADING OFF TO BED!


This is my bear Stitches. Jordyn named my new bear. This bear was given to me from my friend Bonita - her two boys also go to St.Mary's. Stitches is a breast cancer bear and people have been asking about her already. She will be with me in the hospital keeping watch over me.


I had my dye injections today. OUCH! The doctor gave me a needle close to the nipple and injected an radio active solution. Because it is a different ph level than our body chemistry - it stings. Oh yeah- it stings for a minute and slowly subsides! A real treat. THEN because I have bilateral cancer -we had to do it again in the other breast. LOVELY! I had to wait 30 minutes and then they took xrays for 30 minutes. The xrays showed that the dye had drained to the sentinel node. This way Dr. Davis will know where the sentinel node is and quickly remove it for a frozen biopsy tomorrow.
This is Norm and Chrissy dickin' around in the nuclear medicine centre showing their undivided attention through the whole process. Clowns!
I was able to talk with Jordyn tonight, which was a real treat. She was a little down in her boots. I'd love to hug her and kiss her fluffy cheeks right now.
I am off to bed. I will get up and have a bath for one last time with "the girls" at 4:00am.
Norm will take over the blog. From here on out - I will be TITS up. :)

10 comments:

Tori_Graham said...

Hey there Auntie Lisa!!

Good luck, love you and i give you all my hugs and kisses!!

Anonymous said...

you two cannot be actors/actresses!
Bev

joni said...

Rooting for ya girl, lots of prayers today!

Joni

Anonymous said...

one wish and one wish only on this birthday, i can't believe how big my tears are today, i love you and will be praying for you
love and butterfly kisses
your Big sis
shelley

shelley e said...

Hey Lita,

I have been busy thinking about you all day. I will be at the lake wishing on the first star of the night for your full recovery and a lifetime of happiness for you and your family/friends.

Star light, star bright,
first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight!

Hugs,
Telly

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone;

We received a call this morning at 12 Noon, local time. The oncology team has completed their work and have left the reconstruction team to complete theirs.

Lisa was treated extremely well this morning, we were both very impressed at the professional and thoughtful way in which she was addressed. As for Lisa she was as upbeat as ever. As they were wheeling her away, I hear her say "Let's get movin'".

I'll do a proper blog entry later tonight.

- Norm

Sherry said...

Well, this day finally arrived...we have been following your journey. My Kindergartens have been counting down the days until the really really BIG prayer to add to all the others this month. They can't wait until you can see their card and a picture of them. We have sent along our pink pj pictures - hope they brighten your day. Paul's is a guaranteed laugh.
MUCH LOVE TO YOU LISA
xo Sherry Paul Ariel Jonah

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone;

Norm here.

Chris and I have just returned from VGH. Here's a summary of how today went:

4:00 am: Get up
5:45 am: Onsite at VGH Admissions
7:25 am: Surgery Start
12 Noon (approx): Oncology team, lead by Dr. Davis, complete
10:00 pm: Reconstruction Team, lead by Dr. MacAdam, complete.
10:20 pm: Quick meeting with Dr. MacAdam who let us know that the surgery went "very well".
12:30 - 1:30 am (expected): Lisa to be transferred from recovery to "Burns, Plastics and Trauma" room.

It's just after midnight now and we've just returned home after being turned away by the "gatekeeper" at the Burns, Plastic and Trauma Room. I'm feeling pretty let down at not being able to end the day with a quick, albeit groggy, goodnight kiss. I'll get over it - tomorrow is a brand new day.

On a personal note, I want to thank everyone for their phone calls, emails and pictures. [Quite literally, I've received pictures from all over Canada. These I'll begin working on tomorrow.] I found your kind words and supportive wishes overwhelming to read and I'm sure that Lisa will react the same. I think Lisa is a truly remarkable woman - obviously, I'm not alone in that thought.

Tomorrow, Saturday, Chris and I will have our first post-op meeting with Lisa. I'll write more tomorrow when, get this, Lisa gives me the password to the blogsite so that I can do a proper post :)

Thanks again to you all,
Norm

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa:

I just finished University Hill and was thinking of you all the way. Beth had PINK cupcakes at the coffee shop yesterday and people were donating money for Breast Cancer for them; it went well. Thank you Norm for keepinig us updated. We are all praying for you...even the little Italian men in the house.

Love ya,

Sarah

Anonymous said...

hi just me again,
Boys send there blessings to you and hope that you are doing fine.
they will add their comments to the blog soon.

Love from all

Shelley, Matthew and Michael