Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Monday, April 21, 2008

NICE TO BE HOME!

Auntie Liana and Ethan have a heated debate over the shade of pink to be worn on Friday. Onlookers were not sure if a resolution was reached.

Thoughts from last night . . .
Today was a long day. It is always tough to say goodbye to good friends at the best of times. The Pesls have been dear friends for eons. Liana grew up as part of our family; she found her hunky Czech man, Tom, and the rest is history. Their 3 wonderful kids have been a highlight in my life, as well as Jordyn's. Mackenzie, Tomas IV, and Kenndy are full of life, love, and inquiry. Their house is a home; all kids should be so lucky to grow up in such a family. I have always felt welcomed and loved there. So today I drove away with a lot of support and peace in my heart from them. I thank them for that. xoxo

The ride home was great. I listened to my "uncle" Burton Cummings cd, and I put on quite a concert in the vehicle. I was specTACular! :) Then we had to suck up Hanah Montana while Jordyn sang at the top of her lungs. The things we do for love. Now I know the extreme pain my parents endured as we played "Echo Beach" repeatedly on one summer trip back to Ontario. Yes, I did tell you that I have THE best parents!

Anyhow - we got home in time for more excitement for Jordyn . . . her new baby brother, Troy, was born. No, I didn't give birth while driving and singing a concert. I'm good, but not THAT good :) It's her half brother. Her father and his girlfriend welcomed their son into the world at 12:15 today. Jordyn was over the moon to go and meet him. Troy will be a great distraction and novelty for her during this time. She gets to see him after school tomorrow :)

So, I am off to give blood in the morning, clean the vehicle, do some laundry, meet with Cherie, have some Mirage with Bev and Becky, and pack yet again! I should also receive word of the time I am scheduled for surgery.

I'll keep you posted

No comments: