Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, May 30, 2008

WHERE AM I?

I feel like the absentee landlord. I have not posted for a few days for a few reasons:
a) The DELAY of the chemo really knocked the wind out of my sails. This timing certainly does NOT fit in with my "get at it" schedule I had layed out in my head. More anxiety.
b) As I am healing on the inside out, I feel completely useless. I can't lift heavy objects, I can't jog, I can't even lift my little nephew, Ethan. He looks at me with his big brown eyes and his little fluffy arms extended up to me and asks for "pu" (up). I just get on my knees and hug him. He climbs on my knees and wraps his little arms around my neck and gives me open mouth slobber kisses, as if to say, "Come on auntie, what happened to our old days?" Of course when he doesn't get picked up, he backs up, looks me up and down, and bolts into his next discovery. Useless
c) I have not been up to much these last few days. My biggest event is using my pill organizer because my memory goes south when it comes to remembering if I took my last pill or not. Ohhh the excitement.
d) Also, I have appointments with Dr. MJ Norman everyday because I am too much of a wimp to massage the outside of my right breast where it has become hard. Sheina has asked for 3 massages a days for approx 5 mins. It grosses me out. No, I can't feel it, but the knowledge of the flap inside has me in a flap. :) Thank God for my parents. They are hear everyday!
e) I got my hair bucked up even shorter yesterday. It's schpikey! schweeeet!
Today I do get a little excitement as I visit my students at PGSS for one last time this year. Now this is fun! I miss these guys so much. And my colleagues . . . well, it doesn't get any better than these folks. I miss the team. sniff sniff
I am hoping for good weather this weekend for some bbq excitement. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to be in limbo.Hang in there girl.
Colleen

Anonymous said...

I have a name for Rhonda idea. "Care Buddies" Count me in if anyone is planning to take the next step in this.

Laureen

Anonymous said...

Hi Lita,
if you're intent on feeling handcuffed, there are variations on that theme that I hear can be rather enjoyable!!!...maybe practicing tying scarves in unique ways will come in handy...at some point...I love you and feel for you sweetie!
love Chris