Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chemotherapy

Yesterday I was a little too ambitious; I tried to tackle grocery shopping. I can't reach above the "hands up" stance and I shouldn't lift anything over 5 pds. Limiting. However, I met a cute News Group merchandiser in the book/magazine section who offered to help me with the big stuff. He even came to the house and had lunch with me. xoxo

Then I went to my friends. We had a good visit- but I was quickly fading around dinner time. I came home, had a salad, and went to bed. Rhonda did homework and piano practice with Jordyn. Thank God for sisters!!!!

I slept through until early morning. I was to have an appointment with the home care nurse - but I was 15 minutes late and she had already left the office. My foggy brain had me driving to the wrong place before I clued in to go to the Northern Health Unit. I guess there is no room for error with these ladies. Yikes! I am kind of wondering what she would have done with me if I was on time. 15 minutes of what? My dressings take at least 1/2 hr. Hmmmm . . .

Anyhow -I have to forward a great link re: chemotherapy. It is for patients and loved ones. It is presented in a user friendly manner, answers many questions, and provides interesting facts. As you move through the tutorial, your personalized Chemo ready plan is created. It is fantastic! Give it a look: http://www.chemoready.ca/
Thanks love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa

Hey girl you need to give me a call in the morning. If you have some things to do I can help you with some of that. That's what friends are for. Abuse us while you can. Just think you can relax in the sun this weekend.


linda

Lisa said...

Oh little Linda,
What a nice offer - thank you.
Norm was there to help out and so all is well.. I am going to do squat today and tomorrow and hopefully my right drain can go on Friday. Thanks for your support.xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lisa:

Love the new hair do! Short, Sexy, Sassy, ok that is all I have...ran out of "S" words.

Maybe we should start a bald head group...kinda like your T.I.T.s group but it could be B.I.T.s "Bald In Time"...then the Tits and the Bits could hang out...once again that is all I got....

Keep Smiling...

love Sarah

Lisa said...

BIT's - I like it! Are you going to shave and be the chairperson for the group?