Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Monday, May 5, 2008

STRINGS AND THINGS AND THE NEW GIRLS!


I would like to introduce you to my 4 new friends - the Drain family. I have 2 breast drains and 2 abdomen drains. I empty and measure their output every 12 hours. Once the cirus fluid flow is less than 30 mls/24 hours, I will have that drain removed. I visit the clinic today at 1:45 and I think the left abdomen drain will be removed. Yee-haw! One down, 3 to go.
The length of the drains really limits the wardrobe. If one could come up with a comfortable clothing line to accommodate the drains, wow -a lot of money could be made. hmmmmm . . . .

Here's the new girls folks! I have to live in this bra for the next month. I figure this photo is like looking at a bikini top, and so this is not inappropriate family viewing :) I have had many inquiries - so here you go! The new breast tissue is the tissue from my abdomen. Sheina (the plastic surgeon) did an amazing job! I am still very swollen and sore - but the girls have taken to their new transplant site. There will be a bit of reshaping to take place, but the main part is over :) Not bad eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend:
The girls look great and so do you!!! Hope you are feeling good, think about you every day. Lots of love and warm wishes Beev