Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, May 23, 2008

THE TWEENS!

Dr. Sheina Anne Macadams (l) and little Missy Andrea - receptionist extraordinaire!(r)

Okay - here is the 12 year old plastic surgeon - doctor Sheina Macadams (on the left). When I met with her Thursday, we actually covered a lot of ground. Karen Gelmon had examined me the hour before and asked to have Sheina check out possible infection on my right girl. It is hard and red on the outside. I am now on anti-biotics and I have orders to massage the area - even though it grosses me out :( Yuck! Then Sheina took out the mother of all needles to possibly drain a seroma (pocket of fluid). There wasn't one, but I could NOT watch. Good Lord, I don't know how she does it!

THEN - I had to show where I burned my left girl. Yikes! Last week I put Ethan's warming barley bag in the microwave, heated it up, and put it under my left armpit to relieve the pain. Well, with no sensation - I guess the barley was a tad too hot. It will be okay- surface burn the size of a toonie.

I am now able to sleep on my side. I need to be propped up a bit -but it is a little variety from straight backside sleep.

Sheina took some 4 week pictures of the girls and the tummy tuck, answered a few questions and then I was on my way. Before I left, Andrea and Sheina were so kind as to pose for a few pictures. They are so cute!

I get to return in 3 weeks. This needs to be timed with the chemo. I will only fly nearing day 21 of the chemo cycle. Being on the plane and breathing the flakes of skin coming from the canned air above - NOT a germ free environment. No Go Jo.

No comments: