Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vancouver Appointments!


I had two days of Vancouver meetings with various doctors. I was to leave Tuesday afternoon, but the aircraft was hit by lightening in Vancouver and the flight was cancelled. So Wednesday morning I flew out early. Chrissy picked me up, and we headed straight to the Cancer Agency. I had an appointment with the oncologist gynecologist. The resident doctor came in first and did a COMPLETE physical. Man, I thought I was going to get away with just a consultation and zero poking and prodding. No such luck. That was a quick wake up call - yowsah! Then the young blond oncologist came in and gave her opinion based on the gathered information. The bottom line is that I will be having two ultra sounds over the course of my chemo treatments. These ultra sounds will monitor the growth of the tumor on my right ovary. So far it has shrunk from 7cm's to 5cm's. After chemo - we will decide what and when the next steps will be taken. This will be in September some time.

The rest of the day I wanted cancer free. I did not want to look at wigs. I am not going to wear a wig, and so I thought I'd rather look at shoes. Chrissy obliged and off to Freedmans we went. No real luck there or anywhere. We had lunch at the Shaughnessy golf and country club and then it was time for a nap. Dinner last night was at NU and then we layed out and watched The Holiday (with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet). Cute chick flick.
Tough night sleeping - the nerves in my arms from armpit to fingertips "buzz" at night. It's an irritating grating feeling. Grrrrr . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you let the comment, "but the aircraft was hit by lighting..." go by without elaboration!!
hugs,
allison

Lisa said...

Oh - It was in Vancouver at the time and they didn't give any details. lol - you know me well, yes I would give you all the goods.