Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Tuesday, May 6, 2008

RECOVERY HEAVEN


So these are the digs where I am recovering. I know, I know . . . just awful accommodations. I hate having to stay in a condo on False Creek, staring across at Granville Island everyday. I hate having the sea wall pass right before the patio and watching people walk, ride, or jog by. I hate eating outside and getting wonderful fresh air without wearing a parka. It is pure torture. :)

Today I will get to visit with three of Chrissy's dear friends. The first visitors will Teresa Clark and her husband Chris the dentist. Teresa just completed her radiation treatment for breast cancer. It will be lovely to hear her stories and observations. From her diagnosis, two significant changes in her life have occurred: she is no longer competitive in her tennis play at the club, and . . . . she is the lead singer in an all female rock band. Isn't that cool? She is a shy little gal and has decided to follow her passion. Rock on girl!
Later today Dick Evans will come by. He is the nicest man. He and his wife, Loretta, are retired Vancouver school administrators. He had quadruple by-pass open heart surgery last December. He and I have decided that there is a book to be written illustrating the parallels between the education and health care systems. The service, care, and delivery mirror one another. I am going to see if I can thread this notion into my Masters presentation in July. Without proper leadership, open communication, and professionals who are willing to deliver their "A" game daily - both professions will continue to be hit-and-miss service models.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I am looking forward to hearing your presentation in July! Our thoughts are with you as you move through this incredible journey you are on.

A note for Jordyn: Your mom is a very special lady who loves you dearly. It is the love and support that you give her that sees her through with the true grace that she has!

Lori (Lethbridge Cohort 06)