Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, May 30, 2008

FRIDAY VISITS!

Here I am with my peeps from PGSS! These are the cuties and handsome dudes from my last class of the day. Aren't they cute? They were "working" hard today :)

This is Kinnie Mason and I jackin' around as per usual. He is one of our extraordinaire team members; we laugh all the time. I really realized today how much I miss being at work . . . sniff
As I walked the hallways with a fellow cancer survivor - Al Paciejewski, we ran into several colleagues who have also been effected by cancer. Their spouses, family members, or friends have gone the chemo route and survived. The common thread of advise: listen to your body and get rest as needed. Everyone reacts differently so pay attention.
After PGSS I headed to CLA to drop of some goodies. It is always so great to see the crazy gals and guys there. They had ordered me flowers and a fruit basket while I was still in Vancouver recouping. The long distance ordering did not pan out, and I received not even a fraction of what they had payed for. Shoddy outfit . . . Anyhow they couldn't be compensated unless there was a picture to prove the claim. Unreal. Now here's the touching part, because I didn't get to enjoy the full basket - they gave me "healthy" gift certificates to Tim Hortons and Whitespot. Awwww . . . I had to cry on Connie's shoulder over that. I was really touched . . . thank you CLA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa is that Claire in the picture with you. How u doing anyway. I think this blog of yours is so great. I try to read it everyday. Anyway it's bedtime now. Talk to you soon.

Silvia

Lisa said...

Hey Wop,
Claire? No Claire that I know.
I am good, just getting anxious to start chemo and get on with it!