Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, May 16, 2008

BYE BYE DRAINS!


This is one drain. It was inserted along the outside of my breast up to the blue stitch (right side of the ruler)

Power to the blog. Last night little doctor Sheina read the plan for yanking the breast drains out and quickly forwarded a wonderful email. It stated that the drains should be gently removed, and if there were any questions to contact her (she left a few numbers to be reached at). Thank you, thank you. Slow and gentle was the order of the day. The right breast drain was a little stuck, but it was slowly taken out. No problem. The left drain came out without incident. So I am free like a little bird!

I was so excited that I stopped by the school and visited my teaching partners and my students at PGSS! It was so fantastic to see my gang again! I will return before chemo begins. They are so much fun. Then I was off to CLA to thank the gang for the "lovely" basket they sent to me while I was in Vancouver. It was great to see the wild and crazy gals! I shall return there too!

No comments: