Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Saturday, May 10, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


Happy Mother's Day! It is so great to be home to celebrate this day!

Yesterday was a long day. Norm, Jordyn, and I attended the 10:00am start of the Cancer walk. We walked and talked for awhile and soon we started to see lots of people that we know and even some who had only read the blog came over to introduce themselves. Very touching.

I chatted a few laps with Kinnie Mason. He is one of my teaching partners at PGSS. We had more laughs together. He was relaying how the students are doing and . . . well, it is time for me to go and visit. I miss those little farts. Mother Norman needs to make sure that my little chicklettes are okay.

We then picked up Griffin from swimming and headed to the breakfast club. Mom fed the clan and we chatted for a bit. Norm and Griffin headed off to Vanderhoof to visit Norm's mom and help out splitting some wood. Jordyn went with her dad, and I headed to see Linda at the hair salon.

Linda bucked my hair right off. This morning when I told Jordyn that I would be losing my hair with chemo, she was very upset. I told her it would be okay, and that if she wanted I would get a real hair wig so she won't be embarrassed. She just looked at me with big crocodile tears and said, "Mom, you could never embarrass me. I just don't like you being sick." Heart breaker - I think with short hair, the complete hair loss will be less traumatic for her.

On the way home, I picked up a few videos in anticipation of a quiet evening. I was bundled up on the couch and really looking forward to a few movies. Who am I kidding? I was snoring and drooling in no time. I feel good, but I guess I still need afternoon naps.

Baby steps . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother’s Day!
Reading your blog has opened my eyes to motherhood and what a gift it is. Thank You for that. Also, I think your hair looks smashing!

Hugs
Your Cousin Laureen

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I like the new 'do'
call me when you hear from Karen...
thinking of you...and the sandbar was the trigger!
love you,
Chris