Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Saturday, May 3, 2008

PROGNOSIS!

So I guess the question is . . . what now?
After the surgery, the oncologist surgeon, Dr. Davis came out and spoke with Chrissy and Norm.She said, "Everything has gone well. We did check the lymph nodes and we found nothing on the right side. On the left side, where the aggressive cancer was, we did find cancer in the sentinel node, so I removed the sentinel node and several others around it."

Where does this leave us? On Wednesday, May 7th I have an appointment with the best of the best in oncology - Dr. Karen Gelmon at the BC Cancer Agency. She will advise me of the treatment to follow. I am anticipating chemo, radiation, or both. I'll wait and see.

In the meantime, Norm arrived here from Toronto last night. Yippee! Mom and dad just dropped by to say good -bye; they are heading home today. Norm has laced them down with some great reading material for Jordyn and Ethan.

I am feeling much better today. Here is my morning breakfast of goodies. Yummy.
I'll get there yet!

6 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Hooray! I am so glad that you are back and better! I hope everything goes well after too. And now of course.
Missing you,
Love Mackenzie

Anonymous said...

we're very glad you're out of hospital, but empathizing w you re the whole experience. holy cow.
we're thinking of you,
allison and grant

Mama Work said...

You go, girl! Thinking of you as I start my journey with this dreaded disease. But I am determined to not give it any power over my mind, spirit or my body! Wishing you well.....hugs from the fam on the island!

Mama Work said...

Oops - forgot that Mom and Dad (Auntie Barb and Uncle Wayne), Jennifer and Donny and kids all wish you a speedy recovery too! - Candice xo

Lisa said...

Hey Candance!
So nice to hear from you. I just talked with dad and I was sad to hear more of your news. Damned those Norman genes. :)
Please let me know your dates here in Vancouver. I'd love to shuffle up and see you all.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are quite a gal! I've been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. So glad to hear that you are on the upward swing. Keep moving forward with your positive attitude. God Bless!

Phyllis