Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Thursday, May 15, 2008

Energy Frustration

I feel like such an old lady. If I do too much one day, the next day is a rest day. I need to behave myself so that I can have my drains removed tomorrow. The health nurse came by yesterday and checked out the scene. Everything looks good, but she did finger wag me and tell me to settle down. I see her tomorrow morning. I must admit that I am a bit apprehensive with her approach though. She said she would release the vacuum from the drain, tell me to take a deep breath, and yank it out! Yank! Yank? Sheina and I did not go through 15 hours of surgery for someone to YANK my drains out. When I left Vancouver, Sheina was very explicit in her instruction that the drains are to be gently pulled out. I told the nurse this, but she just said that my tissue may be growing around the drain, and they need to be quickly pulled out. Slow could cause pain. PAIN SCHMAIN - follow the doctor's instructions please. I'll have to go over these instructions once more before the big drain removal. I'm sure things will be fine - I'll let you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa:

Ohhh my God, do not let her yank the drains out....I am in pain just thinking about it. Maybe drink some Wine before the whole thing happens....

Is Sheina the 12yr.old doctor? Where is that picture of her?

Sarah

P.S. Talking to Becky (my sister) about the bald group B.I.T.s and she is thinking it's a great idea. Me not so much...maybe if I get my lips inhanced then it would take away from the missing hair....still thinking....still thinking....

Lisa said...

Hey there,
I have to say that wine would make me gag right now. No wine or caffeine for another month. I don't miss either. weird.
Yes, Sheina is the tween doctor. I'll get a picture next week.

Come on BITs - unite!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Oh yea, sometimes the cure is the most painful...I had an 8 ft. drain in my abdomen and it took two big pulls to get it out...I thought somebody had pulled a corkscrew out of my butt (ha-ha) and... the nurse didn't tell me beforehand she was removing it...didn't want me to tense up she said...hang in there and have a nice weekend.
Al Paciejewski

Anonymous said...

Hey, Girlie;
Had 2 drains removed from my girls and I swear to gawd they were wrapped around my backbone, hinged to my tonsils and looped out the hoop...yowwwwch!!!
Hope your girls don't hang on so tight.
kiss, kiss,
laura