Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Wednesday, May 7, 2008

THE POWER OF LOVE

We have just returned from Karen Gelmon's office. She is the top oncologist on the planet! What a wonderful lady.
So here's the deal:
a) The right breast is clear and fine.
b) The left breast had cancer in the sentinel node BUT . . . here's the good part -
NO CANCER IN THE OTHER 14 NODES TAKEN! 1 out of 15:)

What now?
a) Karen is having her pathologist look at my slides from my operation. The pathologist will recommend chemo or hormone therapy. If the cancer in the sentinel node is found to be low grade - hormone therapy only.
b) The cyst on my right ovary will be looked at closely on Friday at 1:40. I have an ultra sound and Karen will see me after that to make a treatment decision and discuss getting on with a hysterectomy.

I am so relieved. Norm, Chrissy, and I are numb. We are also in happy shock. Chrissy is so shocked that she missed the Granville bridge on ramp. :)

So wow! The power of prayer, energy, and love has played out right before us!

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful news! truly great to read,
allison

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm very happy to hear that you are doing so well. Your determination and sense of humour in light of such a difficult situation serve to remind me(and many others, I'm sure)of the important things in life.Be sure to take time to get your rest and relaxation.
Keep fighting the good fight!
Al Paciejewski

Anonymous said...

You look great too! Hottie.
Phyllis.

Anonymous said...

Leetah I am so HAPPY and releived for you, isn't Karen the greatest???!!!! I love that she is on to the ovary bit, that makes me so glad that she is taking a look, I love that about her she kind of takes away your concerns and leaves you feeling uplifted somehow. Hear your planning on coming home on Friday, I think party celebrationis are in order. Love you friend, God is good isn't He! B

robyn said...

Amazing news!!! So happy to hear this...you guys take care!!

Robyn :)