Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Sunday, May 25, 2008

MY LAST WEEKEND

This weekend was my last weekend "free" before chemo begins. Friday night I was unable to attend the birthday gathering at the Shogun for Cherie's birthday. Who gives up the Goma chicken at the Shogun? You KNOW I was hurting and tired.
Saturday, Norm and I headed out to the Adams family cabin on Fraser Lake. We had dinner at Stellako Lodge and then it was back to flannel sheets and a cozy wood stove heated cabin. I slept like a log. My bladder only called once at 6:30 am and then it was back to la-la land until 10:00am. Ahhhhhh . . .
I felt badly for Norm this weekend. It seemed like all I did was cry or sleep. These crying jags just sneak up and take over. I feel so useless right now. I am so out of sync from my normal routine. In addition, I can't lift anything. Chemo is also starting to make me anxious. We had some good talks and he set me straight. I am "allowed" to cry. I hold it together throughout the week for Jordyn and family, and I guess our weekends together are a safe place to unwind. THANK God he is the man he is. Talking, crying, and talking some more helps to get it out and prep for the week ahead. I am so blessed to have a best friend who really gets me. He just holds me and just lets me be me. xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you have a great guy to really count on. Norm your the best, I will trade my Wally for your Norm....just kidding just in case any family is reading this.

Well I just ate a whole tub of chocolate Dibs while surfing the net and reading my daily blogs....(if you don't know what they are they are mini bite size ice-cream balls.) Love them!!! Maybe it is out with the red wine for you and in with the DIBS!!!! Or not....

I will pray for you and my ass tonight....love ya...

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Leetah:

So glad you got back to your roots this last weekend it sounded the perfect way to spend your last weekend before the chemo thing. Try and just focus on what it is doing ,to rid your body of anymore "floaty" bad cells, you know if you want it will be the party shack in chemo, before you know it you will be done and a little down will be covering your head, you will be gaining your strength again, and a much wiser stronger Lisa will emerge from this you'll see my friend!!!!! Love you Beev

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend.There will be many more to come.Chemo will be over before you know it and you will get to plan a whole new hair style.!!Everyones body reacts differently so try not to get to freaked out about the chemo.
take care.
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

Sorry I missed you when you came by the school. Try to hang in there... chemo isn't the most pleasant thing in the world (as I can tell you after 13 treatments)but as Colleen said "don't get freaked out." The meds to deal with the side effects are much better today than they were in years past...I noticed a distinct difference from the first time I underwent chemo to the second go around and that was in the 80's...you'll have your up and down days but you are a very strong person and will do well...my wife and I continue to pray for you... please call me if you feel like talking.
Al Paciejewski