Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Update


1st response: red cheeks ; 2nd response: metal mouth

Everyone responds differently. It is so true. I woke up Saturday waiting for the chemo monster to have washed over me. Nothing. I had red flushed cheeks after taking some anti-nausea drugs and that was it. I had a wee bit of a nap in the afternoon, but yesterday was a good day -really. This morning I had a regular breakfast, no red cheeks, and I was feeling good. Norm and I went for a walk in Ft. George Park. It was lovely to get some fresh air.

When we came home, Rhonda was whirling around getting mom's birthday gig together. Today she is 29 all over again! xoxo We just had tea and cake. Mom wants to celebrate when I am feeling better. Anyhow, the metal mouth taste arrived around 2:00pm. It just tastes like you just had one to many cigarettes on a good bender. (so I've heard).
Other that this . . .
My sister Rhonda - my nurse - rips around and ensures my heating pad is ready and I have had all of the drugs as mandated! This nurse doesn't miss a beat!
Happy Birthday Mom . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa

Glad to hear it's not too bad. It is nice to see you have such a good looking loving nurse.



linda

Becky said...

The nurse is awfully dressed up for her current role. If you're up for a walk up unbc hill this week Lita, give me a call.