Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Chemo

One down and three more to go!
I was phoned to arrive at 11:00 to get the PICC (peripheral intravenous central catheter) inserted. Quite the nifty procedure. Rhonda was working the camera and getting the details captured on film :) The nurse was personality plus missy Renee. She was a hoot and extremely good at what she does!

Renee took her time, explained every step, and the results were fabulous!

Here Renee is working her magic!
After Renee was finished, I was sent for an x-ray to ensure the catheter was placed in the right spot and at the right tempering. I then ate a bite of lunch -egg salad sandwiches were on the menu. Those of you who know me, know that I would marry the egg salad sangy if I could. I was in heaven!
Then it was time to plug in . . . here is Ava getting the goods ready with Della.



Then the Ativan kicked in. ("How do quit you ativan"?) Bad move. Rhonda and Norm went to plug their meters at the same time (2:00'ish) and when they returned, I was out - until 4:00pm. I missed all the visiting. Shelley came by and so did mom. I could only hear the mockery as I was waking. :)
We went to pick up Jordyn and Ethan. Jordyn was lucky enough to spend the day with her best friend Isabel and their family. She came home with a nifty rhinestone studded ball cap. Very hip. Thank you Allison . . . and thank for sending the lovley note cards. Very thoughtful and very appreciated.

So now -here I am. I really don't feel anything except a little hungry. Ideally I am to take my next dose of anti-nausea drugs at around 8:00pm. So far, so good. (knock on wood)
Overall, the gals working today made this a 10/10 experience. Dr. Gelmon and Bev have raved about our chemo ward , and so I was pleased to experience what they mean. BTW, Bev called the chemo ward from Denman Island to send her love. Ahhhhh that little Bevvy! She brought tears to my little eyes. xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....I was wondering if you did get it today and yes you did! Thank you Rhonda for taking pictures of the whole process....I need visual....
missing the pictures of Lisa passed out from the drugs.....maybe next time??

Let us know how you feel tomorrow.....I will keep checking back...I love your blog because I can get all this info on here. I feel like I am in school...very educational Lisa!!! I am getting smarter by the minute...

Love ya, Sarah

Anonymous said...

you're welcome, and it was a great day with the girls! we had lunch at books & co., and I sat at a different table while the girls chatted, laughed, etc. I got a real flash forward to the pair of them at 18, independent and fabulous. they were joined by the boys late aft. which always adds a different dynamic, (i.e. chaos), but it was busy fun. glad to read of your account of the great help at pgrh.
(allison)