Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Saturday, June 21, 2008

FRIDAY & SATURDAY

Friday was a great day! Jordyn went with her class to Vanderhoof for a field trip. Auntie Shelley went as a chaperone. Apparently a great time was had by all. Jordyn was ecstatic when she was the overall winner of a triple scoop icecream cone! Oh yes . . . if a student answered all the questions for the days activities correctly, they received two scoops of icecream. All the double scoop winning papers were then put back in a draw for a third scoop. Icecream, sweet-tooth princess won the scoop and flew across the field to relay her story to auntie. Excitement at its best! However, although this was great - out of everyone - I think auntie Shelley had the best time :) Pictures to follow

Rhonda and Ethan also left in the morning to go and see the special Pesls (peshuls). Those two will be back Wednesday. Thursday is my blood work, PICC change, and physical once over. Friday at 9:00am is chemo. Ding, Ding . . . round 2. Rhonda, my home nurse, won't miss either day. I miss my little morning shadow following me around though. Mister has grown on me and I miss his sporadic hugs and kisses. xoxo

Jordyn is with her dad this weekend. She is usually resistant to go on Fridays and pops in the door Sunday night smiling after having a good time. What a kid. As long as she doesn't have to sit and watch Nascar racing (around and around and around) and she and her dad do something together . . . she's over the moon. Fingers crossed.

I went to my doctor and then over to get prescriptions filled for round 2. Norm and I went shopping and puttered around. Griffin had swimming at 5:3opm and dinner was attempted to be ready for 4:45. Did you know that a watched pot never boils? The angel hair pasta was a tad gummy . . . yuck. Oh well, no one died. Later we watched The Flock (Richard Gere) Creepy deepy - I recommend it.

Saturday . . . Norm and I went to the breakfast club. Yummy. I had one or two or three of every muffin, scone, coffee cake slice in sight. Mom also had philo pastry breakfast wraps. If I had a third hand I would have choked myself. Mom is the best cook ever. Shelley and her man, rotten Ronny were there too. Always good for a laugh.
Since then I have been sleeping. Yes, sleeping. I am bushed. It is now 6:17pm and I have done nothing today. I guess my body needed that. I feel nauseated, hot, and tired. I will be lying low and keeping watch of this. The crown of my head hurts again and more hair is falling out. I just want hair for my Vancouver trip on Tuesday and then it can go . . .

2 comments:

Becky said...

Even living so close, I failed to get a personal invitation to breakfast this morning! I'm crushed! And to think I tried to digest a week old (perhaps two week) english muffin. Woe is me.
Give me a call, I'm an empty nester too right now. Laura sent a little gift for each tit from Cuba. ( think cheaply made - but from the heart)

Anonymous said...

Lisa...the "third hand" comment made me laugh out loud..I do remember your mom being a great cook...my mom and dad still rave about MJ's cooking after being there!!

Carla