Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Thursday, June 5, 2008

CHEMO SCHOOL IN PG

Chemo teach in PG - just enjoying an info video

Today @ 2:00 pm Rhonda and I head to PG chemo school. It is mostly to make sure that I have the right drugs and that I am taking them when needed. The anti-nausea drug started this morning. I remembered to take it from my last chemo teach in Vancouver and mentioned this the other day when I returned to the cancer ward to book my teaching session. The pharmacist came out and did a full run through and was delighted that I had remembered that. Whew . . .

I'll complete this entry tonight when I have completed the chitty-chat with the chemo teacher.

Okay - back from the teach. Two excellent little nurses, Della and Ava, had a great session with Rhonda and I. However, we still may have a delay folks. Because of the lymph node involvement on my left side and the achy nerve sensation that throbs from armpit to wrist just about every night in both arms- the chemo will not be put into my arm veins. This is to prevent lymphedema. Instead, they would like to insert a PIC (peripheral intravenous catheter). This will run from arm to chest. Drugs will be intertered through this port. The nurse who is trained in inserting these pics will be asked to do this in the morning. If she cannot, I will have another free weekend! Monday will be the day.

No comments: