Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Monday, July 21, 2008

SATURDAY - MONDAY chemo recovery

Chemo recovery? No problem.
Saturday I slept most of the day. Great strategy there. I avoided nausea. Sunday I tried to continue with the same M.O., BUT when I awoke at 3:00pm, I clued in that Jordyn had to be at camp AT 3:00pm!! Yikes! I scrambled around and packed her gear. Mom and dad zipped off to get some more supplies, and then we were off to Camp Morice. 2 hours later, she was at there in time for supper.
One hour later she was calling - home sick - VERY home sick!
Jordyn called again this morning - still wanting to come home. She called her dad when she finally gave up on me. He settled her down and she will be staying there until camp is over on Wednesday :) Oh the heart ache of growing up.
Today I did not take any anti-nausea drugs, and I feel like a million bucks! I ran/walked the university hill. Norm, mom and dad came for supper, and now I am winding down the day.
I think the worst of this round is over . . . already :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey chickie!

What you doin' with all your free time??? Honestly, it hasn't sunk in yet for me. Have you seen/heard what happened after we left the bbq? Quite a tale to tell there!

Brenda

Lisa said...

No . . . do tell little Brenda. It is nice to be finished though.

Let me know the bbq aft story. sounds good.

me