Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, July 4, 2008

LOW WHITE BLOOD CELLS

Okay - I am in the low white blood cell zone. I am recalling this from last time. I was on the couch yesterday quite content. The feeling is like hmmmmm . . . not sluggish - just content to do nothing. Now that sounds like a couch potato day but it's not. Couch potato days have guilt attached -you should be doing something with the kids, exercising, making supper, doing something with or around the house or, or, or. Couch days can also be because you are physically ill ; you just feel plain shitty. There is nothing shitty shitty bang bang about this and there is no guilt. It is a kind of tired feeling, no nausea - and there is no place else in the world to be. I had Wimbledon on and I was working on my final Masters paper. Yippee-skippee! A touch of heaven :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa


I could use a dose of those drugs your on. The couch sounds like heaven. but your right about the guilt so I'll suck it up another day.

Have a good one.


linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa
Just got back to your blog after 12 days of recovery.I can finally sit up without my back feeling like I was beaten with a 2x4.Glad to see you are coping with the low white blood count thing.Just relax your strength will come back soon.
Colleen
P.S. I see what you mean about the after care in VGH

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa
You must be a bit mad....how can anyone watch tennis(ha-ha)? Glad to see you have been able to get out a bit when you are feeling well. We are off to do the family visiting during the summer thing on the Lower Mainland for the next 10 days.Hang tough.
Talk to you soon,
Al

Lisa said...

Colleen
I am so glad to hear from you! How's the battle with the drains? I would so much rather do the chemo gig than recover from that surgery.
My thoughts are with you.

Lisa

Lisa said...

Hey Al
Have you seen Federer lately?
H-E-L-L-O!!