Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, October 10, 2008

Vancouver - day 3

Last night we had a fantastic salmon dinner at Dick and Loretta's! Loretta's sister Judy was there as well. Great conversations and lots of laughs . . .

This morning we started at BCCA at 8:45 am.
Here is Chrissy and Bev waiting with me in Pod one, room E.



Having fun in room E


Jackin' around with Bev


Bev and I with Karen Gelmon

We met with Karen. She checked me out first. I had the usual physical check over and then the discussion followed. I will go home and have my other ovary taken out. She explained the reasons for not needing to take the uterus as well. Having my ovaries gone will bring on menopause and dry up the annoying endometriosis. Also, having the uterus intact is believed to maintain sexual pleasure. Interesting . . . We had a few laughs around that issue.
She looked at my arm and mole and set me up with a dermatologist oncologist. Also, I had a follow up meeting with the radiologist, Peter Lim. Finally she completed my paperwork and then followed up with Bev.

Karen will see Bev again in November. The the effects of the radiation will be known then and another course of chemo will be discussed. Karen wanted to allevaite Bev's nausea and hear about Bev's comfort level - or lack of it. She set up an appt. with the urologist (end of Oct) and gave her another prescription.

The we went down to radiation. After that I met with the radiologist and then we had to wait to see the dermatologist. He prescribed some cream for my itchy arm and the mole on my back - age spot. NO CONCERN from Dr. Ho whatsoever! yee haw

Bev getting positioned

Bev on the monitor

We did a little shopping and now we are finally back to nap in the sun (3:30). This is a long day of appointments and repeating ones story. :(

Time to nap . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

Glad to read you're living it up in the city in which I was born :)

Several dozen people in the United Arab Emirates read your story on AWR, so you are now officially world famous.

I don't know if you will be able to see the links in these comments, but I'm giving it a go anyway as I thought you might get a chuckle (maybe you've already seen them before):
http://www.amazingwomenrock.com/content/view/121/132/
(I put a link to your story at the end of this one)
http://www.amazingwomenrock.com/content/view/123/103/
and finally:
http://www.amazingwomenrock.com/content/view/122/132/

Last but not least, I love your do as your hair grows back in. I wonder if that's because I'm partial to short and silver...? Don't event think of calling yourself silverfox though, it's already taken ! XOX from Dubai

Becky said...

Lisa,
Your hair looks great. Sexy Lady.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, great to read your updates.
allison