Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Monday, October 6, 2008

CIBC Run for the Cure!





Yesterday was the CIBC Run for the Cure. Some family members and many friends came out for the run/walk. It was a surprisingly emotional morning for me. As I stood and listened to the speeches, I was brought right back to the day I was diagnosed; the panic, worry, and fear that one feels in an instant flooded my senses. I then flashed through my operations and treatment. Cherie and Becky just wrapped their little arms with mine and I just cried and remembered. I cried thinking of what I have gone through, what is still coming, and I cried for the many more that will have to face this same challenge. One in eight women will get breast cancer. That is a ridiculous statistic. It is time for a cure!

1 comment:

MAMA WORK said...

Hey Lisa. Isn't it weird how all of a sudden you get blindsided by such intense emotions, at the time when you least expect it? I've had a few surreal moments like that at the cancer agency too. Very strange this whole crazy process. Thinking of you and wishing you well. Good health and laughter your way. :)

Candice xo