Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vancouver - day 2

Great day!!! I slept in and did NOT have make breakfast, lunch, and drive Jordyn to school. I slept in !!!! I had breaky and talked to Norm. He so lovingly faxed over a sheet I had forgotten at home for Karen to fill out. Then ran the sea wall again. It was so lovely. After hearing it had snowed in PG this morning, I savored every step.
Chrissy, Bev, and I did some antique perusing. We also had our Thanksgiving celebration with a turkey and basil panini at a wonderful little bakery, and then it was time for medical appointments.
We went up to Sheina's office and had a little chin wag with missy Andrea (cutie receptionist) before Sheina arrived. Andrea entered the CIBC Run for the Cure in Vancouver and raised $400 all by her little self! Fantastic! Then Sheina popped in. The bottom line is that I can have my follow up surgery whenever I would like. I will have lipo, breast lift, nipple reconstruction, and dog ear removal. This will take approximately two hours and is day surgery.


I will wait until the hysterectomy is booked at home and then book this surgery around that date. I may wait until Spring Break or the summer. Apparently 5 days of Madonna cups over the nipples are needed to enhance healing and prevent weight bearing damage. This would not look cool in front of a class of teenagers. :) Also, after lipo suction, one has to wear biker shorts (or the equivalent) for 24 hrs/day for an extended period of time. Interesting . . .
Miss Sheina - cute as ever. Getting married in November!

Then we went to Bev's radiation. I got to go in the room and watch Keri prepare the bed and machine for Bev. Then I manned the techy station while Bev was sealed in the room. I found "the" button to talk in to the room and bother my friend as she was being zapped. It was fun. The techies had a sense of humour and allowed me the run of the station. Bev at her radiation station
Bev and techy Keri
Radiation room

The radiation spot
Radiation markers
Me jackin' around at the station (Bev's on the monitors)
Now we are back at the condo having a little vino and awaiting dinner. Tonight we are heading to Dick and Loretta's for a fab meal. For those of you who know Loretta and Dick - you will be jealous. It is like having a meal at my mom and dad's. NEVER a disappointment. YUM!
We'll do a photo opp there and I'll post the feast later :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

I remember a day when the Tits agreed that there would be no plastic surgery. Well, the door has been opened now. Next time you see me, you won't even recognize me! Younger, thinner, and with nice pouty lips!
Enjoy the weather down there and run the sea wall for me. Sleet and snow today. Missed you, but we booked the appts. for Jasper Park Lodge on lunch break. Rhonda and I questioned why the two who were working were doing the booking.. :)
Take care ladies and we'll chat soon!

Lisa said...

Chris, Bev, and I wonder if you would like to trade? ;)

Becky said...

Oh, where's your sense of humour? Isn't this supposed to be light?
Of course I wouldn't trade. I'm trying to lighten the mood with humour.
Apparently I failed.