Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One Year Check-up in Vancouver!



A year ago I completed my chemotherapy and started tamoxifen. I have one more year of tamoxifen. Dr. Gelmon does not want to see me until next August. She will then start me on Anastrozole for 3 years; then I'll be free and clear :)I had a great check up. We had a chat about Bev because, of course, she was Bev's doctor for 13 years. She marveled at Bev's courage and spoke about talking with Bev just days before she passed away. Sad. Bloody cancer!

After my appointment with Karen Gelmon, Jordyn and I whipped across the street to see Andrea and Sheina (plastic surgeon). Thank God I did. I slipped in for a quick hello AND I got taken in for a consult! It looks like next summer I will go under the knife. A little lipo suction here and a little tuck there . . . I cannot wait. These dog ears on my hips are gross. They are flaps of skin that I have to tuck in to my waistband. On low cut pants - it's a mushroom situation. REALLY attractive!


All is well and I am healthy! If the flaps are my biggest problem . . . it's a no brainer. Suck it up buttercup - or should I say butterball!

2 comments:

robyn said...

Glad your check up went so well! And I agree, if flaps are the big thing they are an "easy" fix! Take care!

Unknown said...

Lisa..

wish I had been at your check up check in...but delighted all went well...

love you
Chris