Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Year Later

Last year, at this time, I finished my last chemo treatment. I am amazed at my slow recovery time. I am a buck up and get at it person, but holy moly - not this time. I had last fall off from work to recoup. I grew some hair and began to exercise. I felt great heading into the new year. I went back to teach in the second semester. I tried to exercise, but was too exhausted. Summer could not come fast enough. I was able to keep a working schedule and that was it.

This summer I have slept more than ever! A position even remotely close to horizontal has me snoring away in no time. I have had zero energy. I even had to quit jogging!

I have learned to listen to my body. I now walk, and I am exercising at a reasonable rate. If I am exhausted, I stop and rest. I am on a metabolism boosting meal plan and I have lost some weight. I am feeling better than ever. Slow and steady wins the race. I have learned to SLOW down.

No comments: