Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Monday, August 11, 2008

LAST CHEMO - but still not finished . . .




Today was a 9:30 am start. Rhonda and Jordyn dropped me of at the front door (errands to run) and up I went to see my peeps. I set up, chatted up fellow chemo'ers and had a seat. A lovely gal I met last week came over and asked further about the DIEP surgery. I really hope she takes that option. It kicks on the TRAM-flap.

Mom and dad arrived and Becky, Rhonda, and Jordyn arrived shortly after. Later, Griffin called and needed a key to his dad's house. That was a nice treat because then Laura, Gemma, and Griffin also got a visit. They waited for me to finish but . . . the PICC really likes me and will not come out.

They drew out 20cm's and there is still another 20+cm's to go. They even called out the PICC queen - Rene, who put it in, and it was still no-go. So at 2:30 we came up with this plan: tomorrow I will warm up my arm, have ONE GLASS OF RED WINE, and report at noon to have the rest removed. Apparently the red wine will open my veins and stopped them spasming. Rene said the veins know we are tampering around and hence the spasms.
THEN I will be a chemo graduate!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey lisa


Way to go you are such a trouper. Enjoy the rest of your summer chemo free.


lindaw