Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DIEP Stage 2 Surgery Success!

Two years have passed and reconstruction resumes. Surgery was Monday, July 19.2010. Rhonda took me in @ 9:30am and I was taken in to the O.R at 12:30pm.
Surgery was 2 1/2 hours and I was released @ 4:00pm.
Here was the day:

Arrival at UBC Hospital . . .  surgery day is finally here!

Admitting : reviewing data :)
Small world with superb nurse - Cathy. She knew about the TIT's as she knows Chrissy from the Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club $$ Cathy was extremely helpful and just such a beautiful person inside and out.

So I went home and was up and about until 8:00pm.  Not too bad.  The bruising looks worse than what it is.  Day 2 - I met with Karen Gelmon - oncologist. In September she will switch me to a new drug for my last 3 years.  Adios tamoxifen - yeehaw!  She want me to return in November to see how I'm doing. Also - I will have Andrea and Sheina tattoo the areola at that time.


So this is day two. Rob Gilbert - a local professional photographer (and family member) took these recovery pictures. I'll post day by day.















Can you believe that people PAY for this pain?
Good God . . .
I have the breast shots as well - but I'll email these for DIEP candidates as requested.


















Regardless - I'm still smiling.

I have the added bonus of having my cutie nephew here to brighten my days  . . .

2 comments:

fashion jewelry said...

Sorry to read this. Hope you are fine now.

Unknown said...

Oakley use of the crystallization of high-tech and smart, creating a series of high-performance fashion oakley sunglasses.Today, Oakley in the world already has more than 600 patents and 800 registered trademarks, and its optical products including Oakley M Frame Sunglasses, except with the Zeros, the E-Wires, Eye-Jackets, the X-Metal, Overthetop and other series), you can find the most suitable oakley for your style,and oakley glasses with the most cheap price.