Lisa's Surgery Date: April 25, 2008

Check the archives for details . . .



Friday, November 14, 2008

Ovary Begone!

Wednesday, November 12th was my surgery. I had the remains of my ovaries removed. I was to be in hospital until tomorrow, Saturday - but I was doing well enough to leave this morning (Friday). This should be it until I decide to complete my plastic surgery.

My roommate in the hospital was a lovely lady from Burnslake. She had a double mastectomy earlier this year in Vancouver, waited, and then yesterday she finally had her inflators for her implants inserted. Sheina Macadams friend, who is one of our new plastic surgeons in town, did the operation. If you are reading this Sheina - your fellow colleague sends her love and is sorry she missed your wedding. Unfortunately, our new plastic surgeon is in a tough battle here for OR time. She said she had read that Sheina received 50+ hours of OR time in one week and - here's the kicker - this new surgeon has been in PG for 10 weeks and she finally received 6hrs of OR. No wonder we can't keep good surgeons. Good God! Grrrrr . . .

Don't forget to vote tomorrow. Rogers for Mayor! yeehaw!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
My wife and I are very happy that your surgery is over. You sound like you are doing well - best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Al

Lisa said...

Thanks Al.
I am on the road to recovery and I'll be back at PGSS for semester II. :) This will ensure that I did not return too soon.